PetaStore Archival Storages & Abyla Network Migrator for Healthcare
Data-intensive picture archiving and communication systems (PACS)and electronic medical records continue to increase data storage requirements for the healthcare industry. Patient data retention periods can vary from seven years, to the life of the patient or beyond, due to ongoing litigation. It isimportant that this valuable data be stored on the most secure long-term, costeffective technology for image preservation.
This solution combines Abyla Network Migrator Software with the PetaStore Archival Storages to provide hospitals, imaging centers and clinics with a secure active archive solution that ensures radiologists and other healthcare professionals have access to the patient data they need to provide quality patient care.
It delivers a flexible archive solution that provides cost-saving long-term storage efficiency, optimum scalability and robust features that can manage the growth and changes needed to meet stringent patient data retention and protection requirements.
Powerful software Delivers Data Accessibility, Retention and Protection
Abyla Network Migrator creates an Active Archive by virtualizing the PetaStore Archival
A robust retention management feature is provided by Abyla Network Migrator software, ensuring that valuable archived data is managed and protected efficiently. Retention management securely retains files in a read-only format, within the archive, for a pre-determined period of time. Multiple retention periods can be created to support different data sets to meet varying compliance needs.
The solution offers several disaster protection strategies: A simple, low-cost strategy is to simply make a media copy and remove it from the PetaStore Archival Storages for transport to a remote location.
Next Generation Network-Attached Blu-ray Archival Storage
The PetaStore Blu-Ray Storage is a Blu-ray optical archiving solution which provides for the centralizedWrite-Once storage of PACS images and RIS data for long-term compliant archival storage and retrieval. The integrated server eliminates the need for additional storage management hardware and with the Abyla Network Migrator software it facilitates transparent integration, support and network connectivity to all PACS/RIS clients over a GigE LAN with no local client agents required. The PetaStore Appliance also integrates and supports hot-swappable redundant hard disk storage for archive cache and overall application scalability. The PetaStore’sintelligent touch-panel display and web-based GUI provide simple yet powerful library configuration and administration capabilities, both locally and via the network (Java). PS’s patented SmartPack removable media technology facilitates quick “hands-free” bulk media import/export while enabling robust bare media security for off-line media handling and infinite off-line media storage. The Abyla Network Migrator Archival Storages Series offers a range of frame sizes and capacities, available in rack-
Key Benefits Abyla Network Migrator:
• Seamless integration with any PACS/HIS application server using industry standard CIFS/NFS protocols as a standard network share, providing access to all archived data
• Secure Long-Term Data Management and Preservation – online and offline
• Automated retention management, which prevents files from being altered or deleted, to meet internal governance or compliance requirements
• Standard Media copy feature or optional mirroring and replication for disaster prevention
• Leading-edge Appliance solution for near-line and off-line archiving
• Providing virtual tape library support and archival storage file system
• Green storage technology with the lowest power consumption available
• Long-term 50+ year Blu-ray PS media life with true WORM support
• PS SmartPack removable media technology offers infinite off-line media storage
• Certified by Major PACS/Solution Vendors
• Installation & Support Available Worldwide